The Screenplay Awards Network is the film industry’s gold standard for script analysis and believes that uniformity of rules and eligibility amongst all contests and submission platforms creates an even playing field for all. All scripts are critiqued under the same principles. All analyses, scores, and assessments are based on the experience of the read at hand. All Winners, Finalists, Semi-Finalists, or Quarter Finalist placements and script analysis shall be announced by the respective competition and will be readily viewable via the Screenplay Awards Network screenwriter dashboard.
Submissions are accepted via electronic submission only.
- The material must be written in English and submitted as a PDF file. The file must not be encrypted or password protected.
- There is no limit to the number of competitions you may submit and the number of times you may submit one project.
- All entry fees are non-refundable.
- All submitted material must be original to the screenwriter.
- All copyright, ownership, and derivative rights to the material submitted to any Screenplay Awards Network competition remains with the original rights holders and/or author.
- The material submitted must not have been optioned or produced and must be fully owned by the screenwriters.
- All scripts should be written per industry-standard screenplay format.
- Prior winners cannot win the same contest twice, while there is no limit to the number of times a previous finalist, semi-finalists, and quarter-finalists may resubmit.
- Feature scripts should not exceed 130 pages.
- TV Pilots should not exceed 75 pages
- Short scripts should not exceed 30 pages.